Why replace the filter of a hearing aid?
It is important to replace the filter of your hearing aid in time. This guarantees a longer lifespan of your device. With the ProWax Minifit filters you prevent damage due to an excess of earwax. If the filters are not replaced in time, they become clogged in the long run.
Replace the Prowax Minifit filter in 6 steps
We are happy to help you replace the ProWax filter. With this step by step explanation, it happened that way:
- Pack the hearing aid at the speaker.
- Draw the Dome with your thumb and forefinger. This makes the filter visible.
- Pack a black stick from the Prowax Minifit packaging.
- Push the side with the black end in the SPEAKER filter. Then pull it out again. The old filter is now deleted.
- Then push the white side of the stick in the speaker and then pull it out again. This automatically places the new filter in the speaker.
- Place the dome back and the device is ready for use!
How often filter hearing aid replaced?
The extent to which a filter must be replaced is dependence on the amount of earwax that a person creates. An excess of earwax ultimately has clogging as a result. As a result, the hearing aid will no longer work optimally. For one person, this means that filters must be replaced weekly, where others need to do this only monthly or annually.
If the hearing aid no longer works well or even does nothing at all, there are often two reasons. For example, the batteries can be (most occurring) or the filters are clogged. When thebatteriesof your hearing aid still be good but you still experience problems, it is advisable to replace the filter of your hearing aid.